Hair loss in women:
Hair loss and female pattern baldness
The number of women who suffer from some degree of baldness is steadily increasing. Stress and tensions of everyday life,
environmental pollution and cosmetic treatments are aggressive, they are some of the causes. Hair loss in women becomes even more worrying psychological effects in humans, not only because the hair affect the aesthetic appeal of the face, but also because female baldness is less culturally accepted than male. Losing hair for a woman is to see compromised their femininity.
The hereditary factor has little impact on female hair loss and the problems caused by imbalance of androgen hormones affects only a small percentage of women in menopause. In addition, female hormones (estrogen) contrast the actions of androgens producing fewer negative consequences at the level of the hair follicles.
In principle, hair loss in women is of a transitory nature, always to act quickly by stimulating the production of hair where the follicles are still recoverable and possible hair regrowth. Except in cases of exclusive medical expertise, you can improve the habitat of the scalp with hair treatments that counter the specific negative factors such as the excessive production of sebum, dandruff and dry skin hair.
The hair should be treated with all the respect that we dedicate to any other part of our body. Suffer when we care little about them, when they stressiamo with permanent dyes or sunstroke, when we are wrong, we do not have a proper diet or we are stressed and anxious.
Unfortunately, many women underestimate the "alarm bells" that herald an abnormal hair loss and rely on remedies "do it yourself", commercial products, or bad hair lotions, which often worsen the delicate balance of the scalp. We must therefore proceed with caution, at the first signs of hair loss, in the presence of persistent itching or pain in the head to the scalp, oily hair or dandruff, it really is advisable to book a visit tricologica and do a hair test.
Undergo analysis of hair does not take a lot of time (the test takes about an hour) and allows many women to keep their hair healthy and beautiful.
Women and hair loss physiological
First, it is noted that within certain limits hair loss in women as in men, it is quite normal saline. It is a natural turnover linked to the cycle of hair growth, equivalent of the phenomenon in the animal world, it is called silent or change of hair.
Women hair loss: telogen effluvium
Technically it indicates a fall abnormal hair (without the appearance of hairless areas), caused by a stressful event mental or physical, the term of telogen effluvium (or effluvium). It is a phenomenon that affects mainly the woman and consists in a temporary increase in the number of hair falling in telogen phase (at the end of the growth phase) from the follicles of the scalp.
This process is the consequence of an accelerated transition from the anagen phase to the catagen and finally to the telogen phase. The fall affects the entire scalp, including the sides and rear of the head. The falling hair grows back when the phenomenon of scent ends and are therefore not lost permanently, but if the fall is significant can cause hair thinning visibly. There is also a seasonal telogen effluvium which is manifested as increased hair loss in spring and autumn.
Hair loss women triggers
Commonly we tend to believe the amount of hair falling out is the main parameter to assess the health of the hair. In reality, what counts is the quality of the hair regrowth. If our hair retains a mass and quality will be almost constant over time, do not worry about the amount of hair that we see fall during washing or cling to the comb, because it means that the lost hair is replaced by new hair growth. If it does not mean there is a health problem of the hair which causes are possible:
* FEVER can lead to an increase in hair loss 8-10 weeks after the incident, usually the loss is moderate and always reversible. The fever, which involves an increase in metabolic activity, probably goes to interfere with the replication capacity of the cells of the matrix of the follicles preventing proliferate normally. Endogenous pyrogens, such as interferon α and γ can indeed slow the rate of proliferation of follicular cells.
* POSTPARTUM During the period of pregnancy the anagen phase is prolonged and, as a result, the percentage of hair in this phase increases progressively until it reaches about 10% more in the final quarter. After delivery the trend is reversed and a lot of hair in the anagen phase come into catagen and then telogen. In the period between the first and the fourth month after the birth of the child increases the fall because there are many more hairs in the telogen phase, ie the phase preceding the fall of the hair. The phenomenon will continue for several months and may be even more intense in the presence of aggravating factors such as post-natal trauma, blood loss and decreased levels of plasma protein. The complete recovery usually occurs in 4-12 months. The hair loss is more marked in the frontal area and in the temporal regions, but can also be generalized, never total. It tends to be less evident in subsequent pregnancies.
POWER WANTED * 30% of women who lose their hair before the age of 50 is due to dietary deficiencies of various kinds. These favor the weakening and persistent hair loss. The overall thinning of the hair is a consequence of somatic deficiency of nutritional substance.
* The choice of drastic diets drastically reduce their diet, especially in young women is not unusual; overweight teens often undergo diets based on fruits and vegetables, completely devoid of proteins. Women with food tastes very rigid, on the contrary, in certain cases do not take sufficient vitamins and trace elements. In these conditions, the health of the hair can be compromised and cause abnormal hair loss and worrying.
* INFLUENCE OF THE STATE OF THYROID. There is a significant correlation between the level and duration of hypothyroidism with the severity of the phenomenon of hair loss in women. Treating hypothyroidism in good time the problem is completely reversible, but if the thyroid abnormality lasts for a long time you can get the atrophy of some of the follicular units.
* SURGERY AND anesthesia. Women undergoing surgery with prolonged anesthesia and massive blood loss, may be affected by an intense hair loss. The regrowth generally occurs within 4 months.
* PSYCHOLOGICAL STRESS, ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION United ACUTE acute anxiety, psychological trauma and depression, are sometimes causes of psychogenic alopecia (from stress). Hair excessively fine, dry and weak, are occasionally caused by the same factors.
Women hair loss: androgenetic alopecia
The female pattern baldness is hair thinning of genetic origin and affects about a third of women. Women who have family in cases of female members with thinning hair will be more likely affected by hair loss.
Hair loss in women proceeds in the form separate from the male. In women, the frontal hair line remains intact, while hair loss is manifested in the form of general thinning of the crown and the front of the head ..
As for the man for the woman androgens (male hormones) appear to be the main responsible for androgenetic alopecia. In women, the amount of these hormones is clearly lower, but due to the menopause, the progress of age and other factors, their number tends to increase causing a greater loss of hair.
The defluvio TELOGEN another name for androgenetic alopecia, can be of two types:
* It is characterized by a strong acute hair loss, generally circumscribed in a short period of time in which the follicles with regular growth cycle prematurely enter the telogen phase. These episodes can be induced by certain drugs (anticoagulants, thyroid drugs, nervous system drugs, antihypertensive agents, etc..), Or diseases (anorexia, cancer, etc.).
* CHRONIC There are rare cases of women affected by intense and chronic hair loss, without a known cause. This type of hair loss is different from other temporary falls to the persistence over time and tend to recur at different times of the year. This phenomenon is very stressful for women who interpret it, rightly, as a risk of premature baldness. Generally, these episodes are reversible, even if a particular weakening of the hair it always looks. To this can become critical that the hair and scalp are cared for and protected. A careful analysis of the hair will be crucial to correctly identify the causes of female hair loss.
Other causes of hair loss in women
Women who experience a fall of abnormal hair must consider other possible causal factors not genetic:
The main tests that can be performed to determine the causes of hair loss in women and find the right remedies include:
Natural Remedies or "Holistic"
Very powerful technique, but unfortunately little known, is to undertake specific exercises the facial muscles, frontal, occipital, headsets, and scalp (galley).
Its effectiveness is mainly preventive, but practiced under the guidance of, or with the aid of special Videotraining, has proved capable of blocking, hair loss due to androgenetic alopecia and addiritura patients more determined and diligent in practicing , made almost entirely regain the lost hair.
If you found this article and quality content of your interest ...
Click the button below , and make a small donation and free, you help to ensure that this blog is always updated and interesting, thank you.
For more information on the treatments best suited to combat hair loss in women is available Ebook: How to block hair loss with totally natural methods.
To receive all the information to combat hair loss, grouped and sorted in a single E-BOOK complete ...
A hug, FC